Friday, June 26, 2009

A week in Kampala

Carole and I had a good week in Kampala. We worked at the Emergency Skills Workshop Monday and Tuesday. It was fun to be involved in the teaching and PPH demonstration with plastic torsos and water and red colouring. It is amazing how many people underestimate blood loss, which is profound in what could be an unhealthy, anaemic mother.


We attended 9 births this week. Carole and I alternate births whenever possible, being the super awesome 2nd attendant for each other. It is amazing how quickly your mind organizes and prioritizes. We are both getting fast at anticipating each others needs.

I am "improving" my IV skills and Carole is getting super duper awesomely quick and speedy. And I am hardly jealous at all because she just slides that IV in on my PPH mama.

We have met. again, more lovely Ugandan moms and bright eyed babes. Cathy could be a hockey goalie with her sliding in to catch the babes coming on the floor.

We are all together now in Kampala. So more adventures to come.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment